Thursday, June 22, 2023

The Illusion of Actual Progress

 Well, I finally cleaned the upstairs bathroom today, wiping down the sink, the countertops, in and around the toilet, and the floor.  Rah.  Not too hard or long, of course, once I actually went and did it.  Sigh.  I would not say that I achieved anything, but.... I guess I did.  And, of course, if I do a couple more things tomorrow or the weekend...

Today I took my two boxes of clothes to Plato's Closet in Strongsville (on my way to pay my mortgage) and....they took exactly two items.  Two.  I should have known this going in, but.... oi.  I mean, I got six bucks and change for the two things I did lose, but the rest... well, I think I will just bag them and drop them in one of those bins you see.  Alas.  My plan for a mini windfall and an extra hunk of change on the mortgage payment was cruelly dashed, though I do like the idea of bill payment day.  It's not quite the illusion of progress -- it is going down, it will be paid off eventually -- but there is still a ways to go.  One thing in which there was the illusion of progress was work -- not much hard data on the project, so I will have to go and make some estimates and calculations.  Yes. this is my job, but... I guess I just wish there was something more tangible to base things on.  

Continuing the illusion of progress theme, I went to Vero Pizza Napoleona (it's on my food list) in the PSRCH for dinner.  It was... good?  I mean, yes, the pizza was good.  But... for $25 (pizza and tip), it was...a bit small.  And, of course, you have to go to the PSRCH (East Side driving never fails to amaze), find parking (for the Behemoth, no less!), and of course Lord knows what element you will find there.  Anyways, I went with the Margherita pizza and it was delicious; the sauce is pretty solid and while it was a bit thin, the toppings were solid and the crush was just right -- not too doughty, cooked properly.  Not that one should find oneself, unless one has the hobbies of crime or sodomy, but if you are there...you could do worse.

One downside of bathroom cleaning:  now I refuse to use it, even to the point of diverticulitis.  Alas.

I am still a little fascinated by the SFA bowling team scandal (who doesn't love a train wreck?) and the Titan probe; the whole game system controller thing seems a little... risky, don't you think?  Not that it isn't a tragedy, of course, but my sense of adventure is just not that developed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home