Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Personal Tumult

 Operation job search continues; I am now at triple digits on applications, which I guess is good.  As I told my one friend, my full-time job now is finding a full-time job, so... time to get to work.  Maybe in a couple of weeks we will try something else, but for now... so be it.

Sad news about Peter's Market -- closing after all those years.  To be sure... they are correct; they are really only busy during the holidays (when else did we go?) and I cannot imagine a business plan like that.  The pierogis will live on, which is good.  But... I always liked their kielbasa, and the idea of another Polish business closing... sort of sad.  

Today was... odd.  I went to bed about 11:30 yesterday -- a decent time, as I felt tired and was at a natural stopping point.  I would have thought I would have slept like a log, but instead... I woke up at 2:45, 4, 5, and finally at 6:15 I said the hell with it and started my day.  I was thus a bit sluggish the rest of the day...  oi.  I did do a gym double -- no cardio in the second session due to low blood sugar, but it was good to go twice and get some exercise.  I also walked to the drug store for a prescription.  The haze this morning was... impressive.  I don't think I have seen the skies like this.  Course, I took a mile stroll in it this morning, but what do I have to live for?

I was fascinated by the Ron DeSantis interview where he talked about cutting federal departments -- Education is fine, but Commerce?  The IRS is of course red meat, but... honestly, one never hears ANY Republican talking about the government programs they will actually get rid of.  I would rather one of them win the election and then start the cutting, but this is good... now the man just to has win the primary, which -- sadly -- I do not see at this time.

I was equally fascinated by the McCarthy comments about Trump -- I would think pointing out that he might have trouble in the general is a fair commentary -- and then the reaction and the blowback from the Trump camp.  Of course, it's equally fair to say that Trump could take him out as speaker, but I suspect that only he wants that; Jim Jordan seems to be suspiciously quiet about this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home