Saturday, July 01, 2023

Lazy Saturday

 Summer is flying by; it's July already!  I am starting the month lazily... I did NOT set the alarm last night and woke up at 8:30.  I think it was largely needed; getting seven or eight hours of sleep last night was just what the doctor ordered, and while it would be ideal if I could do it 3 or 4 more nights in a row... well, I feel decent today.  Not great, but... decent enough.  I probably should have hit the gym this morning -- the heat is beginning to be slightly oppressive, so much so that I am closing the windows, save for the evening.  Instead, I did a bunch of online assessments and testing for some interviews and such -- nailed them all, per Indeed -- and let's hope this leads to some progress and that front.  

The Hunt for Judah P. Benjamin, the Spy Chief of the Confederacy - Tablet Magazine
Interesting; he is actually a cool story -- indicative of the ways people could advance in the Old South -- and how he was Jeff Davis's fireman, if you will, during the war.  Funny; the article says that he left Davis on May 3 -- the day before the man was captured by Union forces.  History would have been different in they had both been taken at the same time.  Certainly it says something about him that he was able to rise of the top of the profession in the UK...

How Greg Gutfeld on ‘Fox News’ Is Beating ‘The Tonight Show’ - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
I think the best part of this article is that fact that no one on the NYT seems to get that what they think is offensive is what is boosting his ratings; or, at least, not the full extent of it.  Much like FNC as a whole, if every late night show is hard left, and one is to the right, well... all of the right-leaning viewers will flock there.  

One thing of note:  my email inbox is much lighter than it used to be, as in the past week I have been better at cleaning it out and going through things.  Not that I measure progress in that way (ha!) but I do like a cleaner approach to things (not my house at times), and handling stuff is one way to get order in my life.  Actually, I should do some house-cleaning, and maybe between now and Tuesday I will celebrate Independence Day by winning the way against grime and clutter...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home