Saturday, July 08, 2023

A bit of recovery

Took the blog off yesterday; I went to bed late, as I was at a wedding, which was mostly fun -- honestly, I have been depressed lately (I suspect), and it was good to get out and be among people and do something.  For now.  I mean, I did apply to a bunch more jobs (up to 197), talked to a recruiter, had an interview, and... well, we will see.  That's that.  Today I met a recruiter acquaintance for coffee -- I think he expensed the meeting, not that I blame him -- and then hung out with a friend from out of town who is spending the weekend here.  I need to order library books from the local public library, catch up on the next wave of food pantry paperwork (we had a big crowd today, I wonder if anything is left, not that I was there, but I looked it up), and look for jobs.  Sigh.

My health is better, sort of; my stomach is less rumbly, and my gastrointestinal distress is...reduced.  But I noticed my throat was slightly sore yesterday, and it is so now a bit.  Could be anything, I guess, but... I am not exactly concerned, but annoyed.  I had planned on not setting the clock and sleeping in today, and woke up promptly at 7 AM.  Sigh.

Interesting stuff about the DeSantis campaign today and in the past few days.   Fundraising trails Trump, as do the polls.  But in Politico there were two articles from staffers -- one saying they were behind, and the other saying that it was early, they had a good ground game, and the polls were better in the early states.  All of the above could be true, and probably is, but... it seems to me that for better or worse, Trump has a hold on the GOP primary electorate, and until that is cracked (possibly by embalming fluid), that is a problem....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home