Wednesday, July 05, 2023

Cracking Up

 I am reading A World on Fire, which is about the US-UK relationship during the Civil War.  It is interesting (so far) but it is...800 pages.  Thankfully, I own it -- it was bought for me by a church friend at a book sale -- but looking at it...oi.  Plus, the text is small; I read 20 pages at the gym today and it seemed more!  Again, this is not a bad thing, but.. at least I am ahead on my reading for the year, so I do not think it will affect my overall goal of 50.  

Today I slept in a bit, helped my friend with the move, and then hit the gym.  It was good, actually, though I am feeling it now.  On the one hand, I could have said that I had done enough lifting, but of course, that is not really true, and arms day and a spot on the treadmill... well, it was wonderful.   I am below 190 pounds again, though I am not sure if it is because I am eating less or because my stomach is still... wobbly.  This is a bit of a concern -- usually it does not last this long -- and while I am not exactly worried, it does affect certain things.  Not like I am going out every night anyways, though.

The crack at the White House story is simply hilarious, and while I can see how it is a bit mean -- given Hunter's struggles -- it is incredibly apt, and I think -- given all else going on with the guy -- completely appropriate.  Of course they cannot figure out whose it was -- perhaps due to the ubiquity of the drug in DC -- but I don't think we have look very far....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home