Sunday, July 09, 2023

The March of Progress

 Funny; I woke up at 5:30 this morning -- and of course, could NOT go back to sleep -- and now I am awake and cannot sleep.  Sigh.  To be sure, I did take a light nap this afternoon, gently settling down to rest for an hour, but... this is not good.  I was certainly feeling it this morning at Mass and then at my sister's (she had some chores for me and my 6'1 height to handle).  Now... well, I ended up doing nothing tonight but looking for jobs.  I had saved the link with the list of NE Ohio's list of best employers, so I spent some time there -- finding jobs, uploading resumes, that sort of thing.  I am not sure how helpful this will be, but it is, of course, the illusion of progress, and right now, that is all we have.  Sigh.

My Deeply Unsettling Return to the Moms for Liberty Conference – Mother Jones

I read a couple of these articles this weekend, so we may safely conclude that someone is worried about them.  I mean, I think this is a good thing, in general -- people getting involved in such things as local school board races -- but of course, they are also destroying the status quo, and these groups are just not the liberal playgrounds that they once were, and we just cannot have that.  This is the sort of thing that fascinates me; will it last?  Will it hold?  How many seats can they win?  I mean, crazies will be a part of any group, but how quickly can they be marginalized?  How soon will message discipline, if you will, creep down to the lowest of levels?

The MTV generation’s unemployment problem - POLITICO
This, as you can imagine, was not very heartening.  I get it though -- we are at the age where it is hard to pick up new skills, and you didn't learn them before, and thus it is a question of what next?  Hell, I am certainly feeling it myself!

The Bob Huggins story is incredibly amusing to me.  The wife sent the email?  He wants his job back?  Is he trying to get more severance?  Who knows.  I mentioned to a couple of people that if Rick Pitino can get another job -- and now, a power conference one -- I would think Bob Huggins could get one, especially as he has not run afoul of the NCAA (i.e., no show cause clause).  Maybe he doesn't want another job now, because I think it would have to be a rebuild, but I would like to think that there are plenty of schools who would love to take a flyer on the guy, even if his kids just won't have the fun that Pitinio's "student-athletes" will...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home