Monday, July 17, 2023

A Sense of Ennui

 You will note I didn't blog yesterday, as I crashed at about 11.  Saturday night we had a family fest -- my cousin turned 60 -- and while it was fun (even if I didn't win at poker; my hands were just not very good) I got to bed after one.  Of course I was up early for Mass, gym, QFT with my sister, and then I visited the nice Polish lady from church.  I brought her Communion, helped her grandson move some stuff out of the basement, had lunch, and took some clothes (from her deceased daughter, very sad!) and other items to the OC.  I guess I was more active than I thought, as while I went home and looked for jobs... well, I was tired.  Hence the crashing.  And, of course, I had a nice, long, restful sleep.

Ha!  I got up at 6:15 (woke up a couple of times) and then I started the day -- applying for jobs, did some food pantry budget stuff, wrote all my Conferences in the East District (even had a couple of reply chains), finished the book I was reading about non-combat deaths in the Civil War (I am up to 41 for the year)...and felt like crap much of the day.  I hit the gym, had a good ride on the bike ("Casablanca" was in the Cardio Theater, imagine that!), and have been meh all day.  I suspect I am truly overtired, depressed about the joblessness, and possibly dehydrated -- I started drinking more water today, but the ratio of water to coffee has not been favorable lately.  And I can tell.  Hell, the category on J! tonight about the "Oppenheimer" movie even depressed me, as Oppenheimer is a huge figure around Los Alamos -- he picked that town as the site to build the bomb -- and I was reminded of my enjoyable time at Pebble.  Alas.

GOP goes all-out to avoid another Senate primary mess - POLITICO
Is this a bad thing?  I mean, I think yes, it is partially correct that there is not a universal agreement on who is electable, but I think we can get a reasonable consensus as to who the most electable candidate would be; simply put, we didn't put enough of these guys in the front in 2022.  We can't have that in 2024.  I tend to agree that we don't want carpetbaggers telling us how to run campaigns, but sometimes we need the adults in the room.

Here’s What Will Probably Happen If Trump Wins The GOP Nomination (townhall.com)
I think this is largely true, and it is certainly in the back of a lot of peoples' minds as they look to 2024.  This IS a problem, as the GOP electorate seems not to grasp this point.  Or, put another way -- the Biden Administration is not pushing legal action against Trump because they think he is most beatable.  They won't admit, but... actions speak larger than words.

I think Ohiolink is letting CCPL members to order books, but not renew them.  This is a good thing, mostly; I think, if this continues, I can shove these books to the top of the pile and by only ordering a couple at a time, I can actually read them and get them turned over.  I do, in some ways, have more time to read, and have been, but I should really be doing other crap as well, and sooner or later Mattie will have to do some adulting and consider Plan B, career-wise.  Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home