Thursday, August 17, 2023

Weights

 Meant to blog yesterday, but a friend was having some issues, and instead I decided to be a good person and comfort them.  To be sure, relying on me for comfort is really a bad sign but I was able, I guess, to calm them down, spell out some options, and be my usual calm self.  It was funny, though; I was hanging out with my friend Kevin tonight -- he has decided to move out of Ohio City, and he wanted to go over the economics of it (he has a nice place, but a cheaper place would be smarter) -- and he told me (upon first seeing me) that I looked as if I had the weight of the entire world on my shoulders.  Really?  I don't know; I have put a couple of pounds back on, but I don't think we need a course of full Karen Carpenter yet...   but I was appreciative of his concern.

Anyways, I crossed the 500 mark on job applications; couple of rejections today, which did not exactly fill me with joy, and one where they told me that they decided to not fill the position.  Again, glad they told me, but... I guess it is better to know than to dangle in the wind.  In the meantime, I am beginning to wonder when and if I will find something.  Not very comforting, to be sure.  I do have plenty of other things to do, but...

Funny shit today; we had a big delivery at the OC, so I decided to go and take the van and handle the pickups.  This was fine (I get a kick out of them asking if I can drive it, liability-wise, as my name is on the policy), until I turned the key and... it was like a Christmas tree.  Literally every warning light -- engine, tire pressure, stabilizer; all had check/replace/warning lights on.  I made the pickups (not that much, actually, especially in the meat department) and when I returned to the OC I had a brief chat with a number of people until I found someone who told me that the van was fine, someone hit a wrong button, and all of the sensors went on by accident.  Between this and the ongoing war on cracks in the ground and building, they will want me to find a job soon as well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home