Sunday, August 13, 2023

Lazy (but not Democrat!) Sunday

 Funny; I didn't have anything actual to do today; I went to Mass (not only I was the EM and had to take it to the choir loft, but I was also asked to help take up the gifts; I am sure Mom was spinning in her urn) and then it was off to the East Side -- one of my college friends was in town with her daughters, and we met at Pinstripes.  It is nice, but pricey -- one of the girls got brunch (they are staying with a vegetarian aunt, and I think there was an entire pig on her plate) and it was... whoa.  Anyways, it was good to catch up again -- the kids are getting older, I am getting grayer, but other than that, all was fine.

Then it was home, where, for once, I had little to do today!  I was able to go through some links, answer some emails, read a couple of articles, and answered some texts.  I sort of like this, but... it was feeling odd, having a whole block of time that is just unstructured.  The other thing is.... there are plenty of things I need to do/want to do during business hours, and I just couldn't get them done last week, due to my busy mornings and my theory that we should be working during work time (even if part-time).  Save for a couple of job screens (sigh) I do have an emptier schedule, so...

Staggering Ohio loss ignites an identity crisis within the anti-abortion movement - POLITICO
Yes, this is a concern, to put it mildly.  What to do is something I do not know; can we get a larger pro-life vote in a general election?  I don't think so.  I mean, maybe a more right-leaning electorate might come out, but... 

Opinion | First Conservatives Came for Affirmative Action. Now They’re Gunning for DEI Programs. - POLITICO
I don't know; considering what you are seeing with the counterassault from the Dobbs verdict, I think the right should be pressing the legal assault on affirmative action.  For one, considering how the left uses the courts to advance its agenda at every opportunity, for them to complain about it when we do it... well, it is deliciously rich.  More serious, I would think the courts would offer up a "target-rich environment" for this sort of thing, as there are hundreds of colleges and universities with these programs, and with the exception of Texas or Florida, no one is really dismantling these programs, so... off to the courts.  And I am totally fine with this!

War Factories | Episode 1: German Aviation | Free Documentary History - YouTube
It's funny; I have plenty of stuff to do and work on, but a friend clued me into this, and I of course had to watch every one.  Quite interesting -- the data, the stats, the stories behind the companies; all pretty cool.  Or, as we like to say around here... I wonder why I am single.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home