Thursday, August 24, 2023

Milestone

 No post yesterday, as I went to a debate party hosted by my friend Sam.  About 30 people were there (COVID must be over!), and he had it catered by a GOP caterer (who will remain nameless).  That said, it was quite good -- several of us brought sides and desserts, with yours truly supplying a no-bake cheesecake pudding pie.  Largely good, but -- said no one ever -- I pulled it out too soon (of the fridge).  Ha!

As for the debate itself, my main thought:  too many people!  Five is probably too many, or just enough.  That said.  I thought Haley and Pence won; they both took Vivek to pieces over foreign policy and the January 6 riots.  He was interesting; I am not sure he appealed to the mainstream GOP audience (in so far as it exists) that seemed to be more likely to watch this event and not the Tucker-Trump bromance.  But the new GOP must have loved it.  I thought Ron did fine; he is good on his pivots and stressed his record.  No screwups.  I expected more from Scott; I like him but not sure there is a role for him in this campaign.  I am bemused by Chris Christie, leave it at that.  

I managed to dodge the storms on the way home; it was some impressive rain!  Loud, too; plenty of thunder and lightning out there.  Odd, as once I was home, I could not sleep.  Not sure if it was excitement, the fest, the food... but I tossed and turned all evening.  Not much sleep, which I felt today.

Today was productive, oddly so.  Woke up, went to Aldi's to pick up the load, but there wasn't much, so I raced to the Aldi at Kinsman/MLK (not much there also) and Dave's, and then helped put everything away.  The produce order was large, which might be a problem, as we are closed next weekend (they forgot that) and we do NOT want produce rotting in the fridge.  Sigh.  I then went to our parish school to drop off some gift cards, and the principal asked me about school supplies... I told her I would ask Downtown, and lo and behold, they don't really have much, but will help out our Catholic schools in the Village.  I was pleasantly surprised by this... I mean, I have to get all the info and set it up, but... if they can help, so much the better!

Funny; I really tried to get stuff done today -- the afternoon was spent answering emails, clearing out files, and that sort of thing.  I did it, but now, with the replies and the followups, I am right back to where I started.  Well, not really, but there is now a fresh set of emails and such to handle tomorrow, in addition to all the other stuff I planned to do.  Of course, I intend to get up early tomorrow and hit the gym, and then.... start anew.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home