Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Fatigue Duty

 I was going to post last night, but my friend Devin came over last night to sort out some personal problems, and with the lateness of the hour, and my general sense of exhaustion... well, off to bed.  We did talk it out, and I was glad to help, but I always wonder as to why people would come to me to help now.  Oh well, maybe my sense of honesty, or what was said about Andre Thornton -- he would give you the advice you needed to hear, not the advice you wanted to hear -- is in effect here.

One thing I remembered... with the new season of J! I cannot linger/dawdle after work or at the gym anymore.  I did both and got home promptly at 7:28.  I did watch J!, and while it took me a few moments to come up with Final J! (the name, just, not who it was!)... well, it is good to have the show back.  The questions are ok, and while I am not exactly sure about the contestants... we will survive.

Slate: Maybe some of these books really aren't suitable for younger kids (Update) – HotAir
Snicker, snicker.  I get a kick out of Senator Kennedy; he does this to people all the time, and it is terribly effective.  Sooner or later someone is going to start Democrats if they want their kids to hear this stuff, and I can only imagine how they will squirm then..

The Religious Right’s Grip on the GOP Is Weakening. That’s Working to Trump’s Advantage. - POLITICO
Interesting; I can't help but think that this is just related to the general secularization of the US society as a whole; just because these people are not religious doesn't necessarily mean that they are liberal.  I would imagine that in such a case, along the general distribution of people, there will be a bunch who will be more traditional.  It does call into question what will happen to the Religious Right if they are a smaller share of the GOP's new coalition...

ObamaCare Turns Out to Be Affordable Only for the Healthy - WSJ
I noticed this while trying to get some insurance for myself... you would think the GOP would start pointing this out.  I realize they will not, as this would generally require a lot more government spending to fix, and that is simply anathema to conservatives -- and fairly so.  But, I would argue that this is a way to go after the cost of health care and figure out ways to reduce that... of course, that would be an actually conservative approach and we cannot have that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home