Monday, September 18, 2023

A Day of Debacles

 So, I slept through the alarm this morning.  I had planned on hitting the gym, but that didn't happen; possibly ok, as I needed the rest, but... not good.  Then, when I went to get my insulin out of the fridge this morning, I noticed a "bump" on one of the glue traps, and sure enough... I had had a midnight visitor.  This was incredibly frustrating to me, given that I had seen no evidence of their presence.  Anyways, I called Orkin this morning and they will be in tomorrow to set traps, prevent them from coming back, and kill the ones still here (every time I hear a rattle or such in the house I immediately assume it is a rodent).  It is a bit pricey but we cannot let the things run amok.

Anyways, work was fine today -- a bit sleepy but otherwise ok.  I went out at lunch to do some banking (paying off the HELOC is always good!) and hit Aldi and the dry cleaners (I needed some pants fixed, and now is as good as time as any to get them done).  I have to admit, drinking four cups of coffee is a good way to power through the day, even if I now feeling it.  Then it was off to the East Side for Pub Quiz at Rustic Grill.  We were a bit short-handed (just three of us) but it was good to get out and play... until, of course, we came in third.  Alas.  

Was the Yugo As Bad As Critics Said? Yes. « Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog
This was actually... pretty funny.  I don't regret the time I spent watching it, even if trying to comment on a car that is 30 years old...

That Miserable Bag Of Goo Mitt Romney Slinks Away Humiliated (townhall.com)
First I thought this was a bit harsh, but... no, I think I want fewer Thurston Howells in my GOP, thank you very much...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home