Sunday, September 17, 2023

Scrubbing away

 Busy day yesterday; I had planned on blogging but ended up crashing in bed.  Alas.  Woke up early and had food pantry duty, which was fine... we were quite busy, no record crowd, but very steady.  As we did not have a lot of meat and bread and produce, we gave it ALL away.  The ladies from one of parishes were a little perturbed by this, but I was able to explain to them -- personally! -- that just because we order something doesn't mean we get it (I even pulled up the order sheet and the receipt of what we got), which sort of helped.  Anyways, all but one of the freezers were emptied and everything else was gone.  I filled out the order form today for this week and next (I am learning all sorts of stuff) and pretty much ordered anything, especially if it was free.  We DO have a budget and I try to follow it, even if not everyone does.  Funny; we told people that we didn't that much to give them, and they were like "it's slim pickings everywhere."  And I was like, gee, maybe that's part of the problem?  

Today I decided to tackle some needed cleaning -- after the mouse issue, it needed to be done.  Wiped down and sterilized all the surfaces in the kitchen and then took apart a cupboard where I found some mouse droppings, so of course I took everything out of the that thing, wiped and sterilized the cabinet, and then did the same for all of the stuff in it.  Funny; I hadn't looked in there in a while -- pulled out some roasters, some aluminum trays (I assume for PF brownies), a mixer (used to make milkshakes back in the day), and various cleaning supplies.  If they were wrapped I kept them, if not they were pitched.  I have not seen any evidence of visitors but will keep looking for a bit more.  In the meantime, I piled all the stuff on the kitchen table while I figure out what to do with it; I mean, I don't necessarily think that I want to save it all, so some stuff will be culled.  But not today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home