Monday, September 25, 2023

A Double Event

 You know, I had a busy day, even if I didn't do all that much -- work, some errands in the afternoon, and a lot of catching up on stuff that didn't get handled over the weekend -- paperwork, articles I saved and bookmarked, a couple of emails to answer.  While I didn't get them all done, I got much of them handled, and we all know how I feel about that.  Of course, I have plenty more to do tomorrow, so I should be in bed getting ready to plow through everything.  Rather, I am blogging/reading/listening to a podcast about the landings in Sicily.  I am not sure how much knowledge I absorb from these things, but I feel better listening to them, and I am always surprised by the things I do pickup from them.  Or, as my Mother used to say, this is why I am still single.

Brooklyn football coach resigns after players, coaches yell out ‘Nazi’ during game against Beachwood - cleveland.com
My first was that this can't be real, as this is 2023, and anyone who thinks this is a good idea -- no matter the school -- is a loon.  Of course, what's the line... the football coach is smart enough to understand the game but dumb enough to think it is important?  Then I thought of that, and not that this made any sense, but... I can see how someone thought this was a good idea.  

How Elites Ruined the Black Lives Matter Movement and Other Tales of Left-Wing Failure - POLITICO
This was interesting for a number of reasons.  One, this is 2023, and anyone who thinks that Marxism is a good idea...well, you get the drift.  Two -- and this amused me immensely -- is that at the end he notes that a lot of Democratic voters make a lot of money and thus vote like Republicans and won't tax themselves.  To which I would answer:  when have any group of Democratic voters agreed to tax themselves for the good of society?  Ha!

Fullbore Friday - CDR Salamander (substack.com)
This is cool!  I love my silent films of course, but I also like stuff like this -- these random vignettes and action scenes.  Cool stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home