Monday, September 25, 2023

Merry Christmas

 This post should have happened yesterday, but I of course crashed and fell asleep.  Yesterday we finally had Christmas on my dad's side of the family -- originally moved to summer, and then delayed due to some COVID tests and vacations.  Anyways, I had to make a seven-layer jello (HAD TO is the word, my cousin insisted on it) which, due to the busy nature of my weekend, was done Friday AM and then finished Sunday AM.  Exciting, in a way... more seriously, it was good to see all of the cousins (even if I just saw them Jug Day) and catch up -- good food, family card games, fun... I am hosting next year and we all discussed potential dates.  I suggested June and all there seemed to agree (for now), which I prefer, due to the calendrical simplicity and such.  The cousins also suggested that we should have something for my bday -- even if small and belatedly -- and while I didn't say no, I didn't say yes.  Maybe next month.

America’s New Battlefront (msn.com)
I don't know; on the one hand, we should wait until a judge does or says something stupid before we start the impeachment process.  On the other hand... one thing the author seems to not mention is that Democrats have been using the courts to enact all sorts of wins -- which I think is incredibly un-small-D-democratic -- and thus in consequence Republicans (who aren't completely stupid) are going after the courts.  I don't like this, of course, but if we are going to use the courts to machinate and engineer social policy...well, time for Plan B!

How Individual Retirement Accounts Changed the Stock Market Forever - A Wealth of Common Sense

Interesting!  I think I knew this, but not in the depth I should have.  Certainly people are more aware of the market -- but I do not think it is as well-known as people expect.  My sister and I joke that we watch our 401Ks and pay attention to the market, but I suspect most people do not... or know why things are going up or down.  But on the whole, this is progress.

Deion Sanders Can Recruit. He Can Motivate. Can He Coach? - WSJ
Losing 42-6 to Oregon might put some blemishes on this, and with a Top 5 matchup this weekend...  well, one can argue that after 1-11 last year, to be 3-1 is one heck of an improvement.  And I think that is correct, but to think he will go 11-1 -- even with all the bells and whistles -- is a bit much, or, at least, too soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home