Sunday, October 01, 2023

Sunday Slippage

 Jesus...it is October already.  At least the weather is nice, beautiful.  I was out and about in the AM, and I had my sandals on, of all things, and I was thinking this might be the last weekend I can wear them (closed toes at work!).  My one pair of good Birkenstocks is actually... a little worn?  The one sandal, the rear strap might need to be replaced.   I realize this happens -- people buy things! -- but it does depress me a bit.  Hell, I was thinking I might need to go and buy some business-casual shirts for work, as much of my wardrobe is a bit on the Hawaiian side and might not pass master.  I am employed now and can afford it, though -- hilariously -- I was thinking today about how much more I need to go before I can pay off my HELOC so I can start the next wave of home improvement projects... I haven't even gotten my first paycheck!

Busy weekend and today was spent catching up; I had planned on doing more but I got caught in the weeds/plowing through other things, and here we are... I guess this is not the worst thing, as I did get plenty of stuff done, just not everything.  And we all know how I feel about that!

The drama in the House is incredibly fascinating to me.  I think McCarthy did the smart thing and took the deal, but...basically he is being primaried by Matt Gaetz.  Matt Gaetz!  And it might work!  OK, maybe (probably not); I don't think every Dem would go for this, and I don't think that many GOPers would go along with them to fire Kevin.  Of course, he doesn't have that many members to lose before it could happen.  I guess the question would be who would replace him?  Gaetz?  Ha!  Jim Jordan?  I think he is on the record as being against a change, but I wonder how that would switch if it should happen to fall into his lap.  If we come out of this with Speaker Jeffries... let's just say that I find it hard to believe that Gaetz would have a long future in our party.

Tim Wakefield passing away is very depressing; as many of you know, I love the knuckleball, and his loss... incredibly sad.  And, I would say, he was a good person as well; for every Schilling, we need to remember there are at least five of the good guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home