Thursday, September 28, 2023

In my cups

 Watched "Nomadland" today -- the last DVD ever from Netflix, which seemed vaguely symbolic.  (I will be putting it in the mail and sending it back; also symbolic.)  Anyways, the movie is good, but...sad.  A friend told me it was a bit sad, and I thought it was more than that.  (Maybe I have been feeling maudlin.)  To be sure, I also thought about myself, being the loner that I am (my choice, my own damn fault, but still), and who will remember me?  What will happen with my life and stuff?  What memories will I leave?  I guess (as if this is some hard choice) one must just resolve to be a better person every day... treating people with kindness and love as best as you can.  But it still put me in my feelings...

Michael Gambon died; while everyone was talking about Dumbledore, I was thinking about his role as Charles Fox in "Amazing Grace;" I've always thought the line "Do any of you saints drink?" was...expertly done.

Why is New Jersey So Corrupt? A Corruption Researcher Offers Some Answers - POLITICO
This could be me, but if the GOP had any brains, wouldn't they be looking into this?  I mean, I know we have an impeachment to run, but I would think this sort of thing -- along with Chicago and any other place you can think of -- would be useful.  To say nothing of the fact that Menendez has done this sort of thing for a decade; nothing would be more interesting (if you will) than to bring all the people who supported him over the years -- after his first trial, the thing with the 16-year-old girls - and ask them WHY they felt to keep staying with the guy.  I would think that would be quite useful come ad time.  But that of course is me, trying to win an election (and stick a few knives as well).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home