Wednesday, October 04, 2023

Catching Up

 Quite the delay in posts!  Monday I just nodded off.  Yesterday I was going to post, but one I went clothes shopping; I needed some business casual clothes for work, and I am not sure my collection of Hawaiian shirts pass muster.  So off I went to Crocker Park (if God had money, everything would look like that!) and found a few things that passed Matt-muster.  I mean, I think I saw more shirts I would prefer to wear than those I need to.  Adulting is hard.  Then I met my friend James, who is in town for the week.  It was fine, but he... well, he can be a hot mess, and was yesterday, so much so that I had to do laundry (he spilled coffee on himself and required two towels to clean, oi) and decompress, and then I just crashed.  If and when he returns it will be an away game for me!

I still have plenty of stuff to do for this weekend and all, and I am thinking that the Mickey and Minnie problem might be over -- no sightings or evidence -- and maybe I should move the traps and start putting things back where they belong (I need the space and want my house back, if you will).  Watch tomorrow I will have a morning visitor and will NOT be happy, to put it mildly.

Today we had a leadership dinner for SVDP in Westlake, which I found to be extremely convenient.  (Also, I started doing some projects at work, which was good, if a bit nerve wracking; I know the basics but I am still feeling leery about more).  It was good -- not only was there faith and fellowship (which I tend to crap on, but IS important) but we also shared and discussed what is going on in the provinces (if you will), which is good, as I think half of the ideas I have had have come from elsewhere.

The Kevin McCarthy thing is sort of sad; I think in some ways he deserved a better fate, honestly.  I think he will be missed more than we think; his fundraising acumen, for instance, cannot be discounted.  That money might dry up, and will certainly be redirected (if available).  I guess I looked at him as more the HS QB; maybe (definitely) not the smartest guy, maybe not the one capable of the most detailed and devious plan, but one who had paid his dues and commanded the loyalty of (most) of the troops, and deserved a pass or two.  I am not sure what Gaetz's end game was, as given the GOP reaction, I find it hard to believe he could even win a primary.

The future of California’s homelessness crisis will be decided by judges, not politicians - POLITICO
This to me is quite anti-democratic (small D) and thus problematic... I am not sure I want unelected judges making policy, quite frankly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home