Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Retaliation

 Oi... funny; I have been trying to get to bed early -- I feel like I really need the rest -- and of course it has been a fiasco.  Monday night I went to bed at 11 but laid awake for about an hour... I know my parents said rest was good, and they are probably correct, but... this was ridiculous.  Of course, I proceeded to be woken up by a low blood sugar alarm at 4 AM (oi!) which further interrupted my sleep.  Yesterday was more of the same -- going to bed at 11 and then just laying there, thinking about... anything.  No go.  I will try again tonight to crash early and maybe get some full rest; I hit the gym hard today (and yesterday) and I have sort of cleared off the email account (lots of links and other stuff to watch and listen, sigh).  One bright side:  my weekend plans have fallen apart, so I literally have nothing to do.  I have some side projects for the contract job (which I intend to keep) to work on (good) and maybe, just maybe, I can shut off the alarm clock Saturday and sleep in.

This is something I find bothersome -- not the fact that we just gave $6 billion to Iran (they are Democrats), that plenty of Dems refuse to even consider condemnation of Hamas -- but that many nations (including the US) saw innocent people killed this past weekend.  Shouldn't they be militarily involved? Being a student of history, of course, can you imagine someone like Palmerston just ignoring this?  To me, the death of any American overseas by terrorists should merit an immediate (and severe) military response.

Conservative group circles two trucks with photos, names of Pro-Palestinian Harvard students around Harvard Square (archive.ph)
This is pretty funny; like a lot of conservatives, I am against cancel culture, and support free speech, but if they are going to say that people need to be held accountable for their actions...well, this is the most obvious end of that rationale, isn't it?   I would have some respect for these people if they doubled down, but to weasel out and complain of death threats and such... oi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home