Monday, October 09, 2023

Festival Festivities

 So, this past weekend was the annual St. Stan's Polish Festival (everyone should go!) and of course I was in the kitchen all three days.  And, I am feeling it today.  I haven't been sleeping well (or long) to begin with, and all the running around and such...well, today I was quite sleepy.   Also sore; I woke up at about 4:30 with charley horses in both legs; it was like the last scene of "The Whale" getting of bed, standing up, and trying to move to get the spasming to cease.  Eventually I moved, and it did, but...  as for the Festival itself, I think it went well, though, as I always say, as I am in the kitchen, I have only the vaguest of senses of what is going on elsewhere.  We did sell almost all of the food, including the big-ticket items.  Big crowds each day -- not quite zoo but close.  I thought we did well, mostly, getting stuff out, and once we got the kinks out of the line and such...all the bakery was sold, including my mint brownies, also good, as most of the stuff is homemade and thus offers the chance of 100% profit.  It does help the church, and if people have a good time...

This could be me, but... if Israel does not destroy Hamas once and for all... that's a problem.  I cannot help but note that on Indigenous Peoples' Day, Hamas and the Palestinians are acting as indigenous people have often done throughout their history -- with cruelty and savagery.  As for what to do, I think this is partially correct:

The Final Solution To The Gaza Problem « Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog
I would send them all to Iran, who is funding this.  Now, Iran can take them, and deal with the problems of assimilating two million or so people, or they can not take them, which would be (in some ways) a "Voyage of the Damned" propaganda coup for the Israelis, as they could say "Gee, if the Iranians didn't want them, who does?"  I don't think any other Arab/Islamic nation would do so, either... which would speak volumes.

(2) Taking Robert Reich to school on school choice (substack.com)
Too funny, and sadly...too true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home