Wednesday, October 18, 2023

In the Kitchen

 Today I was really feeling...fatigued.  Didn't sleep well last night, and it was exacerbated by a lovely attack of low blood sugar, which causes me to snack, and we all know how I feel about gaining weight.  Between the rain and the cold, and my health, I have not been walking at night (though I took some meanders today at work; really quite beautiful!) and I can feel it.  Ugh.  

Made a dish from the parish cookbook for the company potluck tomorrow; Swiss vegetable medley.  It's... not bad.  Bit heavy -- cheese, mushroom soup, sour cream -- but I put extra veggies in, and added some salt and pepper to kick up the taste a bit.  I mean, I think it is fine, but one never knows what the new coworkers will think,  I was told we needed sides, so that is what I did... maybe the old "flip to the page in the parish cookbook" policy isn't the best, but at least I get to try something new, and we all know how I love that. 

So, it appears that Jim Jordan will not be Speaker, which begs the question of who will be?  Someone should nominate Gaetz or Mace, just for shits and giggles.  One would think McHenry would put in a bid; I don't think he would be a bad choice, as while he was a McCarthy pick he seems to be solidly conservative, and as far as I know has never greatly annoyed anyone; he could be the good soldier, or might not want the role (not that I blame him, given how things have turned out).

Funny, I had planned on doing some food pantry paperwork tonight, but between all of the other stuff going on, I have not done so.  To be sure I achieved other things (applying for grants, less important paperwork) but I still need to do stuff like fill out annual report (I suspect I will have to do others as well), make an agenda for our next quarterly meeting, and maybe do some long-term stuff, like look for new parishes...if I didn't do it when I was unemployed and had all this free time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home