Thursday, October 26, 2023

New Beginnings

 Got a new phone today; I am not sure I needed one, but the old one was a little pokey, and if you recall, I tend to use a phone until it breaks, nothing can be transferred, and I spend an inordinate amount of time messaging people on Facebook and God knows how on contacting me.  This time I decided to put that off, and with the new career, I do have a bit more cash, so.... 

And it was... ok?  Took a while.  Not sure if it because they were short-staffed or I went with only a slightly more expensive/newer version of my current phone; if I had went with the $800 one, I suspect, they would have moved me up.  Most of my stuff was transferred; 80%?  Not sure about the other 20%, and while it is fine, I would not say that the thing is noticeably better than the last one (maybe I should have gone with the $1,000 phone).  Plus, when I went to Five Below for a case, all they had were those for IPhones, so I will have to go to a T-Mobile to get a case.  Sigh.  I had to go to the post office anyways, but...  At least I have contacts intact though I should probably manually input them just in case.

‘Who’s Mike Johnson?’: Diplomats scratch their heads at new speaker - POLITICO
This is pretty funny, especially as I suspect for most GOPers, being unknown to some European functionary is a plus.

Mike Johnson’s Podcast Tells You Everything You Need to Know About Mike Johnson - POLITICO
I listened to one of these today, and all I can say is... on the one hand this is totally awesome, and on the other... well, I am not sure that I expected anything different from an Evangelical Republican from NW Louisiana, and that's... fine?  I strongly suspect his views represent (albeit broadly) that of the GOP electorate as a whole, and... well, someone has to be Speaker.  I am quite fascinated by this little experiment and am looking forward -- immensely -- to see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home