Monday, October 23, 2023

Bemusement

 Stepped on the scale today and I came out at 186 pounds.  Yikes.  Too many big dinners, too much snacking, not enough exercise -- the rain has put an end to my nocturnal ramblings -- and of course I have had other things to do, which affects the time I could spend walking.  I spent some extra time on the treadmill this evening (a gym double but not AM cardio due to low blood sugar, grrr) and that may help, but as I did not gain the poundage at once, it is only fair that I will not lose it at the same pace, either.

I looked at the food bill for the OC this past month and yowsers; we are $2K over budget.  While on the one hand I can see how it happened -- demand is up -- on the other, we really cannot do this with regularity; for one thing, we will eventually run out of cash!  For another, if the other food pantries we run in the Diocese can operate on about $2K, it boggles the mind as to why we need more -- we have parishes that subsidize our operations, so we can give out more, and operate the food rescue apparatus -- at such a scale.  I of course brought this up to our operations manager, which, as you can imagine, went over fabulously well.  I am co-managing next month and can handle the online ordering, and we will certainly have some disciple there!  Funny, because we are getting an extra hunk of change from the Hunger Network, so we can load up -- to an extent -- on canned goods and such.  I sent out an email about this and reminded everyone just because we have more stock doesn't mean we should give it out.

I am fascinated by the Hamas strategy of dribbling out hostages; I guess it is good that they do so, and if we can get them all home, so much the better.   But I think we all know that they are doing nothing but digging in and making it that much more costly when the IDF moves in.  Of course, I suspect it will be more costly for Hamas, a prospect which bothers me absolutely not at all. 

Also not bothering me:
‘The man broke my heart’ — Biden’s Arab-American boosters begin to leave his side - POLITICO
I don't know what is more amusing here; the fact that none of these people seem to condemn the atrocities and barbarism of Hamas (they are Democrats, so...), or the fact that is enough of them stay home, they might swing the election to the GOP nominee, who would be Trump, and... well, I chuckle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home