Monday, October 30, 2023

Seeking Equilibrium

 Watched "Frida" today, the Hayek/Molina film about Frida Kahlo.  I am not quite a fan of her work (and certainly not his!), as I do not extensively use illegal drugs, but I do think the sense of the movie regarding their lives was...accurate.  Mainly, they couldn't keep their legs closed.  I would say they were Hope and Changers before that was a thing, but...well, they did pal around with Communists and the like.  In the meantime, now I only have 24 films to get through.

Got my flu shot this morning, and to be honest with you, I have been slightly off all day -- not by a lot, like 10%, but it was odd, as I have never had that happen before.  I am not sure if it the vaccine, my lack of sleep (like tonight), or something else... I have to admit, it's not the same when my college friends do not come running in, asking -- imploring -- me to get one so I do not die.  Some jokes (most) do get better with age!

Why Trump’s Drastic Plan to Slash the Government Could Succeed - WSJ
I will believe it when I see it, but... let's face it, GOPers have always promised this, and lo and behold, it never seems to happen, which is a problem.  I guess I would just cut the government and not worry about the carnage to the civil service, which would also probably not fall afoul of the Supreme Court; no more funding means no more employees, in theory.

Cooper Flagg Commits To Duke, College Hoops Fans Will Hate Him (outkick.com)
I always get a kick out of these articles; I mean, everyone hates on Duke, for reasons known but to themselves, but isn't there something to be said for a commitment to excellence and winning?  I mean, compared to the Browns, for instance...  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home