Tuesday, November 07, 2023

Unsurprised

 Well, I am not surprised -- sadly -- by the election results.  As I told my college roommate (more Catholic than I am), while I am appalled by abortion, the bans are too extreme, voters are appalled, and the result is now that we have more abortion than we would have had before.  I am not quite sure why no one saw this coming and figured out a way to have something -- say, a 15-week ban -- with some exceptions.  I realize we are Republicans, but at some point you have to stop the stupid.  I realize we will try to figure out ways to minimalize this -- and as we have a veto-proof majority, we might be able to -- but on the whole it would be better to not have to do this.  Sigh.  At least the voters legalized pot; at the very least, we will cut down on carbon emissions from all the people driving to Michigan to fire up.

Slavic Village: Old-world traditions meets the 21st century - cleveland.com
This is...nice?  I don't know; crime is something more of an issue here, I think; people just don't want to risk it, especially when there are plenty of other places to go.

That said, yesterday my sister and I had our monthly dinner (for October) at Quisqueya la Bella... it's off Denison, by Pearl.  It is a Dominican restaurant, and we all know how I love different cuisines.  The parking lot is a bit tight, and my sister was amused by the black cat that crossed in front of us.  As for the food, it was good; I had the stewed goat and mofongo, because, well, when else do you get stewed goat?  The goat portion was a bit small -- it was on the bone -- and while the sauce was fine, I would have preferred a bit more...

The Unexpected Coalition That Is Remaking the Republican Party - POLITICO
Interesting, but...will it last?  Will it turn out?  I would like to see it happen more than once before I call it a trend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home