Wednesday, November 08, 2023

Rumble

 Was it me, or was the GOP debate both informative and entertaining?  I think it was both!  Maybe it was the deletion of the unserious candidates, maybe it was the moderators -- Hugh Hewitt is a conservative, and it shows -- or I don't know, but... despite the whole playing for second place bit, it was jolly good!  I think Haley and DeSantis were the winners; the "scum" comment will certainly be viral, while Ron -- on the home turf -- gave his best performance of the year.  I think Scott was playing more to win a narrow primary than a GOP electorate as a whole (may work in SC), while Vivek... I think his calling out the moderators for the Trump-Russia thing was the best moment of the evening (certainly the audience agreed), but the rest... he is sort of the annoying nerdy kid.   Not quite sure what to think of him, honestly.  I like a fresh face as much as anyone, but...

There's One More Word for What Happened Yesterday ... – HotAir
I think this is exactly right, and I am not sure how to handle it, honestly; obviously, no one else does, or we would have solved it.  It speaks horribly of us as a nation if this is where the opinion is, but... then again, as a student of the Civil War, I reflect (with equal hope and trepidation) upon how long it took for the concept of equality to take hold in this country, and how much farther we have to go, eight score years in.  Oi.

I had a series of wardrobe mishaps at the gym today; I changed at the gym in the car (don't ask) and I ended up putting on my pants inside out, which I didn't notice until I was in the gym, necessitating a trip to the locker room to flip my pants.  Then, while bike riding, my shoelace got caught in the pedal, which forced me to stop, take off my shoe, get off the bike, and unwrap the whole thing.  Sigh.  I was quite lucky to get back in time for J!  It did strike me as fitting, somehow, for how things have been going.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home