Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Disappointments and Bemusements

 Here I am, well past my bedtime, and not asleep, at least not yet.  Honestly, my evening was somewhat...troublesome.  I had a late zoom meeting/call for SVDP, which was fine, and then I got a text from our ops manager -- the order I submitted for the OC was rejected, so no food tomorrow.  This raised hackles, as not only did I place the order, but I had -- mercifully -- a pic of the order registered as submitted.  I took some pictures of the produce order so the volunteers would know what I actually ordered, and conveniently... well, I went over the order with the ops manager and she couldn't find anything wrong with the order, so... we will see.  I submitted it early Monday (5 am or so) but as far as I know there is nothing that says we can't.  Oi.  Yet another thing I have to do tomorrow, in addition to work and Matt stuff, like track down bills and prescriptions.  Ugh.   At least I caught up on some back episodes of J! that I have Tivo'ed, which is...convenient.

I went to Giant Eagle today to buy pop before it went off sale and discovered that they had 5-pound bags of potatoes for 99 cents, which was cheap, so I bought one.  Then I discovered that Aldi had a 10-pound bag for $3.49... so I now have 15 pounds of russet potatoes to eat.  To be sure, baked potatoes with peanut butter are a new favorite (and healthy) but the whole thing amused me.

Mike Johnson is a board member of a Christian publishing house that called ‘monkeypox’ a penalty for being gay - POLITICO
This story also amuses me; as a matter of fact, it is a story of continuing amusement, from the creationism to the counseling business of his wife and now this.  I cannot imagine what tomorrow will bring.  The man also got a short-term extension of the government funded, which eluded his predecessor.  For now.  Quite frankly, I think he can take the sniping while this limps along.  I would like to think that someone over there could explain to the House that the more dysfunctional they are, the harder it is for the nominee -- especially if Trump -- to win.

Dare I say it?  I feel badly -- almost for DeShaun Watson.  I mean, I am not totally sold on his sincerity (and who would be) but it did seem that he, too, was excited about this season and the fact that the team -- despite his injuries -- was winning and being competitive.  This year...well, not so much now, and of course everyone is ripping --with justification -- the contract and the trade.  At work today there had been quite a bit of hopeful talk about the Steelers game, and when the news broke... well, it was like waking up on Christmas morning with nary a present in sight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home