Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Trying to get a win

 Two days without a post; quite a scandal.  Sunday was actually a busy day -- Mass, gym, a quick trip to my sister's, a visit to my friend in Edgewater, a housewarming party for my friend who finally completed his flip house... anyways, I crashed early and hard Sunday.  I did watch the end of the Browns game, where -- despite myself -- I found myself rooting for the team, even though it seemed like a giant trainwreck.  The city really is a happier place when they win, and that says something...right?  Monday was a WFH day, and a double gym day (I am somewhat fat again, and with Turkey Day coming up...), and a Zoom meeting day.  Oi.  I ended up crashing again!  This is probably not a bad thing -- I need the rest -- but there is much to do.  Hell, I need to read more; I finished book 60 a couple of days ago, and the list is getting longer, even without books temporarily loaned to me by friends.  This long weekend, at least, may provide time for literature.  I am not sure 75 is possible, but 70... probably doubtful, but, you never know.  

The stones left unturned in the Sam Bankman-Fried trial (mollywhite.net)
Interesting; I wonder how much more will be discovered about this, though I have a not-so-sneaking idea that it will be some muckraking journalist -- and not the government -- that accomplishes this.  

Inside Mike Johnson’s Ties to a Far-Right Movement to Gut the Constitution - POLITICO
This is interesting to me, mainly because this convention idea is IN the Constitution.  Considering all the stuff not in the Constitution that has found its way into law, I find it fascinating that liberals would be appalled that someone would want to NOT see this happen.  Not that I blame them, but...  the other thing I would note that the chance of this happening is...well, not very high, for a number of reasons.  

Killing Federal Agencies Is Easier Said Than Done - WSJ
This is also a problem, especially for the GOP, which never seem to actually get a win on this sort of thing.  We promise all the time, but...again, sometimes I wonder what we are doing, aside from trying not to win elections.  I can take the culture war if we would do something about spending, but it seems we try to have both and do neither.

I was supposed to hang out with a friend tonight, but he pseudo-ghosted me (ok, I know we are all busy) and now my plan to see "Napoleon" is on flux.  Getting home was fine, doing a gym trip and being able to watch J! was probably the smarter choice... I can in theory get to bed sooner though I think we all know what will actually happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home