Friday, November 17, 2023

Busyness

 No blogging last night; actually, yesterday was a very busy day!  I had two meetings -- one at noon for some central planning for the future of SVDP, and then our quarterly (of sorts) Regional meeting, which was fairly well-attended.  While it was a bit long, it went well -- much to discuss and go over, and people seemed pleased.  I think we will eschew the winter one and move right to spring for reasons of weather.  Anyways, one downside was that yesterday -- once I had returned home and watched the Tivoed J! -- I crashed hard on the living room flooring, waking up with the lights on and such as 3 AM.  Oi.  My plans to hit the gym this morning were derailed by the sore throat I felt when I woke up at 3.... so I slept in a bit.  I had another meeting today -- the quarterly Hunger Network one -- which was mostly fine; the presentation was about minimizing the stigma of mental illness (I generally think we need MORE stigma) and then there was the usual managers' discussion; everyone is seeing rising demand and higher counts.  Behold the success of Bidenomics!

Inflation is the Lesser of Two Evils - A Wealth of Common Sense
I think this is largely true, yet 1) For many people, especially at the bottom economically, inflation is the worse evil; 2) It really hasn't stopped -- prices are just rising more slowly -- and this is a concern, especially because (as I have mentioned many times) 3) prices never rise as fast as wages.  People, I think, prefer certainly (as much as possible) to crazy, and the continual price hikes aren't really something you can plan for, which is not good.  I think we could have deflation -- though that would cause other issues -- but it would not be that hard to get inflation down.

For a bunch of reasons -- mainly because I have been busy -- my reading pace has slowed.  This is not good, and one reason I am looking forward to the short week next week is that with a couple of off days I can put some time into just reading and maybe plowing through a book or two.  Funny -- a former coworker offered me something to read and while I will probably accept it... it just delays the ever-expanding Matt list.  Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home