Saturday, November 25, 2023

Technology, the wonder!

 So... I was asked to come in and help set up for a charity event tomorrow.  This would be fine, but the plan was to do it at 2 PM today... right when The Game was on.  What to do?  Well, the obvious!  I put the game on Tivo and went and did my duty... and then four hours later or so I came home, made some dinner (all leftovers gone, sad), and then turned on the Tivo.  It was a bit of a challenge to not check my phone for four hours, but... as for the game itself, I was surprised; I felt OSU was going to get blown out of the water, but... at the end of the day, they didn't make plays?  No turnovers forced, only one sack, just enough defensive lapses...alas.  Ryan Day, I think, is a good coach -- no Purdue-style losses so far -- but this is a problem.  I don't think he leaves for TAMU, but...

How mathematics built the modern world - Works in Progress
This is a deep read but quite interesting!

The End of Retirement | The Walrus
Funny this came up; my sister has been talking about retirement (she is 64 plus) and I told her that I would never retire, and she was...skeptical.  Now, I am not saying I wouldn't, but as I told her, given my love of money and the fact that I generally work sedentary and mental jobs, there is no reason that I couldn't work for a long time.  Plus, I do like being productive and there is no point in being productive without making a buck.  (Also, the more I make the more I can leave to the Church.  :P)  More seriously, though, the article makes two points -- one, people need to condition themselves that they may need to work longer than they expect.  Two...employers have to realize that people want to work longer and that they are not disengaged and ready to cash out.  I suspect one is more likely than two...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home