Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Recency Bias

 Angel Reese ban return explained by LSU women's basketball coach Kim Mulkey (msn.com)
I am shocked -- shocked -- that she is coming back for the big matchup on national television.  At least they will have something to talk about before, during, and after the game, which I am looking forward to.

Opinion | I Read Mike Johnson’s Legal Filings. They Reveal a Distinctive Pattern. - POLITICO
I am much less worried about this sort of thing, as for most of the time, people like the author have been...less than concerned about the rights of Christians in the public sphere, so when it is done to them... out comes the clutchable pearls.  To be sure, thanx to the Trump wing of the Court, we have little to worry on that front.  For now.

Is it me, or does Duke have a big man problem?  I mean, Filipowski is fine, but if he has foul trouble... and he is good-but-not-great defensively.  The transfer from Northwestern is... a bit limited, if you will.  I realize the game is moving towards this -- fewer big men -- but I would think Duke, of all teams, would benefit from adding size, if only to complement the outside shooters.  And, as I like to say, there will be nights when the 3s do not fall.  No one seems to have found a solution for that yet.  At least JMU is ranked 22, so that win against Sparty -- their only big one -- seems a bit more impressive.  For now.

Henry Kissinger just passed away.  He certainly had an interesting life -- to put it mildly -- and I think it is fair to say that he had a checkered career.  Now, I would argue that it is mostly positive, but there is the loss of the Vietnam War (a big one).  On the other hand, there is the Nixon-to-China moment, the Yom Kippur War (helping Israel to win, keeping the USSR out), and the fact that he was right on the big things -- the evils of Communism and the need to keep it contained.  

I went to the gym after work and had a good workout, which was fine, but my blood sugar was low -- too low for me to hit the bike, which is a problem.  I weighed in at 186 pounds, which is a problem, and the fact is that I can always use an extra 15 minutes or so of bike time to get some reading in.  I think 75 books this year is impossible but 65 should be... doable.  For now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home