Thursday, November 30, 2023

Excitement

Quite the TV night!  First, the return of Angel Reese at LSU.  I have to admit, it was entertaining, watching everyone fawn over her and discussing what she could have done to get in the Mulkey doghouse.  This could be me, but... I think her message was that "I 've recruited the #1 class -- including post players -- and everyone is doing fine without you" and thus if she wants to stay, fine... but if not, we will be fine without her.  I suspect strongly she will go elsewhere next year, though where... oh, I guess I will go with the Lady Vols.

I spent more time watching the Newsom-DeSantis debate as I am a politics guy.  It was entertaining; the talkovers were annoying -- I wish they could have a SPECTRE-style cutoff for these sorts of things -- but it was good drama.  I don't think anyone won or lost; rather, Ron and Gavin spoke to their bases and there are points for each to run on.  Ron can win on crime and livability (the feces app was awesome); Gavin had some points on the abortion and the LGBT issues.  As several people noted, the concept of the debate was quite cool, and I certainly think we need more of these things; could you see Greg Abbot in one of these, say with Pritzker?

Mid-American Conference to scrap divisions starting in 2024 (msn.com)
Interesting. I don't know; one thing I love about divisions and championship games is that they make the regular season games equally (and totally) important; you have to win them all to be standing at the end.  I mean, people are complaining that we could have (if the Big Ten did NOT have divisions) a rematch of tOSU-UM.  I think the TV people (and Buckeye fans) want this, but as a matter of fairness... do we want that?  tOSU had their chance, lost, and... oh well.  Maybe for the MAC this is a good thing, as you can ensure the two best teams are in the championship, and, if you think you have a chance to get a team to a New Year's Bowl... right now, what, Toledo is ranked 23?  They would need help, though I am not sure that there is any MAC team that would really propel them to the top.

Saucisson to close in Cleveland’s Slavic Village after 10 years - cleveland.com
More victories of Bidenomics!  More seriously, this is sad; I have been there but a few times -- they are good not great, a bit pricey, and their activities are a bit... odd -- but it was certainly nice to see such a business in the Village, even if I didn't think it was quite the fit.  It's a nice little site inside, and I do wonder what they will be doing with it in its next incantation...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home