Monday, December 04, 2023

Changes of Pace

Finished book 60 yesterday -- a 600-page social history of the British in India -- and then started something slightly different:  the first book in the Brother Cadfael series, about a Benedictine monk in the 12th century who solves mysteries.  It is good and interesting; not sure if I will read the whole series, but this is a good change of pace to what I usually read.  Of course, I will be back to nonfiction tomorrow, but... this is nice.

Dinner with some friends today -- they just bought a house in North Royalton, and they welcomed me to see the place and to say hi.  It was quite nice; just burgers and fixings, but we talked a good while and it was good to catch up, even if it was adulting and such -- work, homes and repairs, etc.  I mean, I could have gone to the gym, but like Brother Cadfael, this is a nice change.  

Went to the MD today...still not sure about the guy.  He is nice, and I do prefer the lack-of-physical touch exam, but... well, he did note that I looked stressed (semi-true) and pronounced that I seem to have an infection in my nose -- it has been sore and swollen for a couple of weeks, and he poked and prodded and said that if it had been broken, it would have healed by now.  Let's see how this works, I guess.  Some other things... well, I didn't think he was as concerned as he should be (even accounting for my hypochondria).  Nor do I want to find another MD though.  Sigh.  

The CFP story amuses me to no end.  It would be really cool if FSU said "Nah, it's not worth it, we are too offended," and decided not to play the game, especially if it was only a few hours before game time, and the talking heads would have nothing to do but discuss how they felt slighted.  Of course they won't, but it would be funny as hell if they did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home