Saturday, December 02, 2023

Catastrophes

No blogging yesterday; I was doing all sorts of things -- catching up on TV, some minor cleaning, going through emails and links -- and honestly nothing to report.  Today I slept in and woke up at 10:45, which was NOT the plan.  Odd; I woke up at 2:30 with a charley horse (above the knee again!) and I am not sure what happened; I guess I slept through the alarms.  Maybe I was more out than I thought.  Can't happen tomorrow, of course, as we have Mass and we cannot skip that.  Definitely cranking up the sound level tonight.  

Two main problems with sleeping in; my trip to the gym got cancelled (I had a fest this afternoon) and all of the errands I had to do then had to be shoved in quickly.  Picked up my prescription at Rite Aid -- looked very sparse there, though half of the items were not part of the fire sale.  Rarely seen a place that busy, sort of sad, actually; all of the staff indicated that they would be going elsewhere, but... one doesn't like to see that. 

Equally sad (but something I expected):  Duke losing to Georgia Tech.   The Yellow Jackets are much better than most think, but the Blue Devils lost this game; poor shot selection, lack of defensive intensity, sloppy play... very depressing, because they certainly have the talent, but the brains are sorely lacking.  Sigh.

Swing-state Muslim leaders launch campaign to ‘abandon’ Biden in 2024 - POLITICO
I think this is wonderful, but... wouldn't this throw the election to Trump and the GOP, who are... less disposed to be sympathetic to the Muslim cause?  I mean, that would be wonderful, but the Palestinians would be even worse off.  Also, eventually... won't you see a shift among Jews to the GOP if this continues?  I suspect that it wouldn't make that much of a difference, overall, but much as the solid South is now firmly Republican, I would love to see GOPers elsewhere in places never thought imaginable. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home