Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Antics

 Interesting; two nights ago I went to bed fairly early -- tenish, and got a full eight-plus hours of sleep.  Last nite (as evinced by the radio silence) I went to bed about 10:30 and -- sadly -- woke up at 5:45 due to a bathroom break.  But...still, seven hours of sleep.  Two nights, above-average rest.  And the result?  I have been sore ALL day, especially from about noon on.  Nor have I felt particularly refreshed.  Odd.  I guess I need more rest than that.

Went to the mall today to do some shopping, and some is the word; most of what I was not there or out of price range.  Alas.  On the other hand, I have some alternatives, so there is that.  Actually, I had a happy thought; I could get the other stuff elsewhere (or have already ordered it) and once it comes in I could box it and take it to the mall to be gift-wrapped.  I don't think there is anything that says I cannot, and provided I bought something while I was there (food, something)... well, what would they care?  Bringing in stuff could be returns or anything.  Plus, I get out of gift-wrapping, always a plus event in my house.  I need to figure out the logistics, and pray stuff arrives, but... the more I think about it, the only downside is a return trip to the mall, which I sort of enjoy; the people-watching, the sense of economics, and of course the opportunity for a sweet almond pretzel...

Greedflation: corporate profiteering ‘significantly’ boosted global prices, study shows | Inflation | The Guardian
I don't think this has gotten enough press in the US, and I certainly haven't heard anything that would claw down prices or get us back some of our money.  I realize we are Republicans, and this goes against our traditional view of things, but we also have as our leader a thrice-divorced... well, secular character, so...these are not normal times.

Cardinal Gregory, and ‘dealing with’ priests (pillarcatholic.com)
I have to admit, this speaks volumes about the bishops and the Pope that they are clamping down on people who want to go to Mass -- one that is longer and more involved, in terms of both time and theology.  And then they wonder why attendance is down...  Mind you, Gregory was the guy who turned a blind eye to Cardinal McCarrick (I know, a son of Erin, shock) and his extracurriculars... which gives him even less credibility in my eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home