Sunday, June 30, 2013

Warriors

Mattie is a very tired boy; Friday was TFG nite at the Captains game, and after that, I came home and could not sleep and decided to watch the Tribe game, which was cool, because they won, off of Addison Reed, to boot.  Last nite was my godson Niko's first bday party, which was a raucous time, but also a late nite (and a busy one).  And now we are home, trying to rest.  I also bought the toilet valve I need to replace (I hope) and sooner or later I may actually get around to replacing it.  I guess I have just a wee bit of trepidation about the task, even though everyone tells me it is a simple -- or not that hard -- of a job, just make sure the water is off, the towels are laid, and the excess water in the system is bled out.  I hope.

The Tribe is playing well -- and with the schedule, they should be -- and Detroit is not, so there is some optimism...I see the Tribe has another pitcher on the roster, which is nice, I guess, but with the double-headers and the shelled pitchers...well, I guess they need them, but I do question the need to yank Bauer so quickly...knowing you have another 18 innings of baseball.  One hopes they can get at least 6, or 7, from the starters the next couple of days just to get some rest for the back end of the pen.

I read Yurrick's The Warriors this weekend; it is quite a decent read, though very different from the film (obviously).  I have always loved the film, but never read the book, and so when he passed, I added it to the list, and considering that my lists are never-ending... well, at least when these things arrive, they do get read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home