Saturday, July 06, 2013

Bemusement

Yesterday's game was probably the main reason why the Tribe cannot catch up to the Tigers; when Masterson is your #1, it indicates a lack of good pitching depth.  Yes, the Tigers feature a potent offense, but all of the two-out walks and base hits to Ramon Santiago (of all people!) and the fact of the matter is you have a guy who is just a little better than average who can dominate crappy teams...but has to work to be moderately effective against the big ones.  Not everyone can be a Scherzer or a Verlander, but playoff teams do not feature Mastersons as their ace.  Alas.

Woke up this AM to take Mom to the lab for some bloodwork (course, I get up early regardless) and some other errands and of course she wanted bfast, so it is noon, my chores are done for the day (I came home and did the needed yardwork) and I feel somewhat lost...I could nap or watch TV, but I will prolly bury myself in a book or some other, equally useful, project.

I did read the jobs report, which is fairly good, aside from the fact that most of the jobs are of course part-time gigs, and if you think Obamacare isn't responsible, well, then, you are fucking stupid.  To be sure, it's what America picked -- twice -- so we really cannot complain, but if I hear some Hope and Change type complaining about not getting work, well...you must become the change you wish to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home