Saturday, October 19, 2013

Change

I feel like a total loser; it's Saturday nite and I am looking forward to an early bedtime.  Honestly, I have a cold of sorts, and I am tired, and my sleepless week has been replaced by a day when I got seven hours of sleep...hence, the need to go and relax.  Today I worked on some OC pricing and other data...lunched and groceries with Mom, and...well, more work. 

I finished Shlaes' Coolidge and it was...fairly interesting; I suspect some of the points she was trying to make were put off by the fact that times are different, but on the whole...well, it was good...one tends to forget the idea of cutting taxes=more revenue -- the Laffer curve, if you will -- was as poorly regarded then as it was (sort of) now.  I suspect the reason is that the 20s were followed by the 30s, and of course people correlated incorrectly.  Of course, nothing is new under the sun.

Next on the list is D.H. Lawrence's The Rainbow, which I am sure will be as scintillating as punch. 

I also note it is cold outside.  Winter-like, almost, though maybe it is just the first frost of the season.  Not enough to put the furnace on, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home