Thursday, October 16, 2014

Flicks

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ohios-kasich-wants-to-redefine-the-republican-party/2014/10/14/7d526026-4ff1-11e4-aa5e-7153e466a02d_story.html?hpid=z5

Interesting...I am not quite he is considered a front-runner, but with the convention in C-town, an easy path to re-election (more from the opponent than anything else), a generally moderate streak...it could happen.

Been watching a lot of films lately.  Monday was "A Night at the Opera" on TCM.  It was funny, but, as I have said before, I think the Marx Brothers and the genre are a bit dated...for a bunch of reasons...so thus it doesn't translate well.  Wednesday I crossed two more off the National Film Registry List:  "A Raisin in the Sun" and "The Naked Spur."  The first was interesting; star-studded cast, very modern in its approach to dealing with things; I mean, much of what was discussed today, sadly, is still going on now.  "The Naked Spur" was also good, though it did suffer from that 1950s problem of the maudlin ending, which, in my mind...made it less good.  Today I watched "Twelve Years a Slave."  I rather like how McQueen handles films; the subject matter is difficult but not inaccessible...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home