Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Books


I don't know...this could be me, but going to Bryan Shaw in this game seems a little...optimistic.  Just saying.  In the meantimes, with the Tribe slowly sinking away to the playoff drain...well, I guess we aren't really surprised, are we?

I read -- on the recommendation of a parishioner -- Yallop's book about Pope John Paul II...I would say it was interesting, but not necessarily good.  They guy is something of a conspiracy theorist, which is not necessarily bad, but...the book is all over the place.  Certain parts -- the Vatican Bank and its role in money laundering, the inner fighting of the Vatican -- seems pretty solid; other parts, such as foreign policy and the conspiracy on murder regarding Pope John Paul I...seemed a little, well, stretched.  A lot of it was a rehash of the other various scandals, and thus not done as well.  I was simply pleased to be rid of it; next is a book on American logistics in WW2, and then... all twelve  books of Powell's series called A Dance to the Music of Time, which is based on a painting by Poussin.  The first book is about 200 pages, give or take, so if they are all that way...well, it should be ok.  Well, I hope.  No, I won't read them all at once -- one followed by some non-fiction, you know me.  But they will be read, no matter the time needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home