Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Fantastic

I have to admit...while Francona and his buntastic ways are annoying, he did seem to make the right moves with the 'pen yesterday, which isn't exactly a bad thing.  I mean, resting Allen is wise -- though I am still not sure about the need to work 5 guys a game -- and the platooning was wise.  Bunting Walters is unwise -- he is not hitting much, but he is driving hangers -- and at least it didn't kill them.  Today, of course...well, I think we need fewer sacrifices and more bunts, but that is me.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/08/26/the-remarkable-implosion-of-ed-fitzgerald/

I don't know; I mean, Kasich should be given credit for not fucking up, or at least keeping his head down and looking busy.  As for Fitz...I mean, I am not sure that following Dimora and his ilk is anything to celebrate, and, more to the point, are things that much better?  I don't see any headlines about cutting heads or rooting out corruption; I suspect most of the low level guys are gone, but nothing else...nor is NEOH the bastion of economic growth (obviously).  And, Fitz certainly hasn't run a wise campaign; I mean, one or two missteps...but he's had a steady drumbeat of errors.  If anything, it will save Josh Mandel from a loss; not that I expected that to happen, but a depressed Dem turnout can't hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home