Saturday, August 02, 2014

Cutting

Well, I will withhold comment on Captain Forehead and his evening soirees....til another time.  Pipe is gone; I do feel as if a weight, a suffocating mass, has been removed from me.  For now. 

Speaking of the removal of suffocating masses, the Tribe cut some of their dead wood.  Masterson has been crap all year, and, much as I was almost moved by the sadness in the clubhouse -- let's face it, it is their own damn fault -- I think they got something useful for him; I mean, Ramsey could perform at a Murphy or Swisher level...for a hell of a lot less cost; of course, not enough for a contender, but...  Cabrera, let's face it, is brutal with the glove and was hitting as poorly.  I am amused by the Tribe picking up the anti-Ramirez in the deal -- good power, ok D, lots of Ks -- which is odd, given that Lindor is the man at SS next year and Kipnis is equally entrenched at second.  One would almost think they would move Jason back to LF and go with the glove/bat platoon at second...not that that would mean admitting a colossal mistake, or anything like that.

In other, hilarious news, I went to bed shortly after the Tribe won yesterday...and didn't fall asleep until 1:30 or later.  I promptly awoke at 6:45, and have been dragging-but-not-tired-enough to sleep all day.  Were it not so dire for my general sense of being, it would be somewhat funny.  I had to go out today, and consoled myself with a cafe mocha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home