Thursday, August 21, 2014

roster musings

This may sound crass, but most of my day has spent in listening to people pester for me for money...in the most annoying ways possible.  Not that I was particularly inclined to give in the first place, but...let us just say that now I am really NOT interested.  So there we are.

You know, I wouldn't say it is hot, but for the first time in a few nights, there is that summer stillness...a few days ago -- I have the windows open -- I needed the blanket, and now...nada.  I guess it is nice to have summer, even if the kids are back in school.

I was amused to note that on the same day the Tribe put Raburn on the DL, Atchison got an extension.  On the one hand, it is the same concept; give a guy -- and not a young one -- having a career year an extension...and then wait to see if it implodes colossally.  On the other hand, no one seemed to worked about it.  Maybe Atchison is a reliever who has had some success in his career; maybe it is because he is 38 and has really kicked around; and maybe it is because it's not even a million bucks, where Raburn is more (for less).  I myself wasn't that worked up about it, but I did my usual double take...

I think Zach Walters is a good player, or can be...but man, he needs to take some pitches; Jesus, I hated Cabrera for that, and Aviles kills me (not in the Francona bunt way) with his free-swinging at times, but Walters takes the cake.  He does have some raw power, but I think he could make more use of it if someone told him how to corral his eyesight up there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home