Monday, August 18, 2014

Crap and crap

So, got a call from the lady last nite, apologizing -- sort of -- for her actions, which were blamed on booze, the attention of a rival female, etc... I accepted her apology but was coy on the idea of meeting again.  I don't know; I am not getting any younger, but my tolerance of stupid is even less.

http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post--returning-to-wal-mart-human-cashiers

I find this interesting...mainly because, having recently shopped at a Wal-Mart, I find it hard to believe that anyone would have felt that their consumers were smart enough to check themselves out.  I went to the one in Mayfield, and honestly, it was a giant shithole.  Stuff everywhere but the shelves, fat people in the way (and throwing crap around), lots of help standing around and bullshitting -- though they were fairly pleasant and helpful when you went up to them -- and no one seemed to have any idea as to whether or not inventory listed in the store was there.  I had went to Target the day before, and it was completely different; inventory all neat, nothing on the floor, workers working, plenty of checkouts...it was impressive.  I mean, I can see how and why people would shop there instead of Wal-Mart.  I suspect that these issues are MORE of a problem than dollar store competition, as attracting customers with more disposable income is key.

Been catching up on Season Four of Glee...the school shooting episode was...maudlin.  Exceptionally so.  I can see why the show is down to 13 episodes for the mercifully final season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home