Sunday, August 31, 2014

Media

Here we are, waiting for the Tribe (I am sure they will play); I should be in bed, but...all I can say is that Lonnie had a nice AB; taking strikes on tough pitches, then hitting another one a long way; I mean, on the one hand I can see Francona sitting him, but on the other...well, I think he brings more to the table than Aviles, so maybe the strict platoon isn't an option.

In the meantime, the weekend has been busy; dinner with a friend Friday, chores and OC stuff Saturday, and today brunch/dinner at St. John Cantius with some gossip and other news... I also watched Altman's "Nashville."  Interesting; not sure what to make of it, as I think...well, I think he painted too broad of a picture, and thus what was supposed to be satirical...I am not sure it took.  I also decided to go down the list of films on the National Historic Film Registry and saw two short ones:  "Rose Hobart," the Surrealist film from the 30s (odd but interesting) and "Tulips Shall Grow," an animated short from 1942...very good; it is WW2 propaganda, but...it holds up.

Also am approaching the half-way point of Huxley's book...I would not say it is an easy or fun read, but the writing is rich, in that British sense, and I do like his way of satirizing/criticizing the intellectual elite of the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home