Sunday, September 07, 2014

Awake

I have to admit; I watched the second half of the OSU game, and I was most bemused by the play-calling; I don't know, a rookie QB, an aggressive defense...shouldn't you use short passes and screens and slants to build confidence, stay out of third and longs?  Nope, not to Urban; there they went, forcing the young QB -- in the face of a pass rush that no one could figure out how to defend -- to make impossible throws.  It reminded of Thursday's Tribe game; when Bourn was caught stealing, I was like...they're going to lose this game.  I mean, Francona seemed to forget that you never take the bat out of the hands of your best hitter...which is what he did by sending Bourn with Brantley at the dish; I don't know; I can see how you'd want to send him, but...to me, the risk outweighed the reward.  Then, running Tomlin out there -- your worst pitcher -- was simply ridiculous; I dunno, I know everyone does it, but the lefties have pitched far better...couldn't any of them have been used?

Went to the Lakewood Wine and Craft Beer fest last nite; it was nice, if a little scammy; but at least you could totally tanked if you desired.  I had a bowl of chicken paprikash (good) and a vegan chocolate cupcake...the cake was ok, but the chocolate was totally foul and rank.  I only had sips of a few beers, a double shot of a couple of IPAs, and some cider, which I think I prefer the best.

OC duty Saturday; very slow in the first half because of the rain, and then it picked up in the later hours as it turned to drizzle.  We were busier than we thought...

One other thing I learned; I have minimal difficulties staying up past last call, but the morning after...early Mass was not exactly a blast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home