Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Shorts

My quest for "Allures" is going to be a long and expensive one; that said, I was able to find -- on the USC (the Cocks) website a link to "The Augustas," a collection of home movies from the 30s and 40s about...towns named Augusta.  Very GOP America; more seriously, it was remarkable to see how often train schedules were used to show people where the towns were; nowadays, it would be a rare thing to find anyone who could read/recognize one.

I went to bed at 10ish last nite, and was rewarded with sleeplessness, so...oi.  I intend to hit the hay after South Park, which means I will get another five hours.

The Internet is all over Mattingly for not going to Puig yesterday; I don't know.  Yes, he was your best hitter, but he did look to be in a colossal funk -- for whatever reason -- and while I will admit Mattingly made some odd decisions, I don't think that one (like sticking with Kershaw) was exactly an egregious one.  This is the playoffs, you know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home