Sunday, October 19, 2014

trap

Funny; last week everyone was proclaiming the Browns had arrived; today, not so much.  Didn't see much of the game (family dinner) but it did seem the coaching staff made some bad calls, and that Hoyer looked like a guy making career start number 7 or so.  In the meantime, I miss baseball, mainly because I know that soon, the season will end...


http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/in-america-why-the-poor-pay-dollar4158-for-a-dollar1500-%E2%80%98rent-to-own%E2%80%99-sofa/ar-BB9w32K

I think this story encapsulates why people are poor...and I mean that in both the "good reasons" (poor health means you can't work, kids, lack of jobs, structural stuff) and the "bad" (overspending on crap, a lack of education, bad decisions, and a lack of intelligent spending decisions).  I mean, I think one thing we all can agree on is that there isn't a lot of slack in many people's budgets, with housing, gas, upcoming winter utility and Xmas bills, etc... that said, people have to spend wisely to have some reserves, in case the shit hits the fan.  I am not poor by any means, but I've noticed myself spending less on food when possible, going out less (putting off dinner til next week is always wise), using food in the pantry, etc.  I think the issue is that too many people who are poor tend NOT to do this...I am not saying ALL of the them are like this, of course; but enough of them do to piss off everyone else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home