Monday, September 07, 2015

Film

I probably should stop doing this eventually, but I woke up at the buttcrack of dawn (again!) and went to the gym...yes, it is not exactly convenient from Chateau Mattie, but I digress... I did it Saturday, too.  I mean, I feel I am behind on the weights/fitness thing, so I may as well make up for it as much as I can...I've yet to do a Sunday fest, but... I do feel good doing it, as it is nice to get a good workout in, feel the burn, etc...  Also, I ate like a pig yesterday.

Today I worked and watched movies...all on the list, of course!  I started by finishing "Four Horseman of the Apocalypse," a 1921 silent starring Valentino; interesting, very modern theme, though the Bible stuff would go over everyone's heads today.  Next up was finishing up "Stories from the Kindertransport," which detailed efforts to move Jewish children to the UK in the 1930s.  It was interesting and also very sad, given the scope of the eventual tragedy.  Also very relevant, with the Syrian issue.  I also watched two shorts -- "Luxo Jr." (it is Pixar's first ever film, rah) and "Princess Nicotine, or the Smoke Fairy,"  I have a couple more I can watch (maybe even today)...while I work, which is what I have been doing for much of the day.  Alas, alack.

In the meantime, we are up to 346 on the film list, which is cool, even if I am neglecting other things, like reading.  I have to admit, getting out this weekend was good; ideally, I can wrap up work this week, and while things will be hairy later on...I should be less hectic in all, and thus more...sociable, if you will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home