Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Expectations

I think tonight's Josh Tomlin was...pretty much what you will get from him.  Lots of strikes.  Lots of homers...last time, against the Yankees, his stuff was a little better, it seemed...tonight, just average, and the result was that the good hitters in the lineup -- Lucroy and Braun -- lit him up.  The rest, not so much; mind you, the Brewers are not a good team.  I would argue that this is what the Tribe wanted from a fifth starter all year, and that they are only getting it now...well, what did they expect, that is the question we should be asking.  Let us also not discuss another Kipnis baserunning gaffe...

In the meantime, I am bemused by the Cook verdict in the FSU trial (not guilty), mainly because -- well, if the prosecution couldn't win there, what would they have done with Famous Jameis?  Also, the Baylor rape trial is a little fascinating to me.  I don't think we will ever know the whole truth until the lawyers are called in, in which case we will get two versions of it... I wonder if, somehow, maybe Briles thought that -- having happened once, and maybe a new environment, etc. (and Baylor is a Christian school, ask Britney Griner) that maybe, just maybe, it wouldn't happen again, and that they were going to get a good/serviceable starter for...well, nothing.  They didn't, of course, but...well...let me put it this way; three years ago, all of this would have been buried.  Deep.

Not only am I sore from the run, but I also had low blood sugar, and thus had to eat a substantial snack...so I am not exactly packing off the pounds.  To be sure, that BMI is sparking, and fruit and granola bars isn't the worst thing to be shoving in the mouth (in moderate quantities), but I think we all know how I feel about this sort of thing.  I really am turning into a gym junkie, and with it comes all sorts of interesting side effects...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home